Hello Kitty was created by the Sanrio company in 1974 by Yuko Shimizu. She first appeared on a coin purse in Japan in 1975. Just a year later, in 1976, she made her debut in U.S.
Hello Kitty was given an English name (Kitty White) because British culture was popular in Japan when she was created. Her name came from one of the cats that Alice kept in the book “Through the Looking Glass” (Alice in Wonderland)
- A Global marketing phenomenon and cultural icon
- Hello Kitty has no mouth because it’s easier for the person who watches Hello Kitty to project their feelings onto the character
- 22.000 Of Hello Kitty products are made each month
- Since 1993 Ambassador of Unicef of the United States
- Hello Kitty the movie will be released in 2019
Girls aged 2-6, sceondary teens, tweend and adults